May 16, 2020
Re: Next Steps for 2020 Season
Hello Tallyho Members,
We hope that everyone continues to stay well and safe at home with your families. Thank you for your patience as we have transitioned to an online membership platform and continued planning for multiple scenarios for this summer. Below are some next steps for online membership, dues and a brief update on the season.
Website Updates and Online Billing
We have updated our website and now ask for all membership dues to be paid online by credit/debit card. Your username is now the email address associated with your account. Your password has not changed. The login link is at the top right of the screen. If you have trouble logging in, first try resetting your password. You can also email email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
As previously communicated, we are not billing the full season dues ($625) upfront. Our club is in good financial standing; however we do need to cover annual maintenance expenses.
- We are billing each member a $200, non-refundable operations fee, due by June 1.
- Given the broader backdrop of COVID-19 and the potential financial hardships some families are facing, we feel it is important to charge members only the absolute minimum necessary to maintain the Tallyho pool and facilities. This $200 fee will help offset a portion of the required maintenance costs and we will make up the difference using reserve funds.
- Paying this fee is required for all Bonded Members. For Associate Members, it will guarantee your membership for next season.
- If/when we can open safely and responsibly under state and county guidelines, we will determine a pro-rated dues fee (minus the $200) for the remainder of the season.
- If we cannot open this summer, we do not plan additional fees beyond the $200 for 2020.
- Please note: in connection with accepting online payments, there will be a 2.9% + $0.30 transaction fee added to all charges.
We are waiting for additional guidelines from the state and county. To date, we have taken necessary steps to both protect the pool and grounds with essential annual maintenance and to ready the pool for a quick opening if possible.
Safety is our top priority. If we are able to open, we will work closely with our pool management company (who oversees lifeguards and daily operations) and use available online tools to help structure and manage any required scheduling and/or social distancing procedures.
As always, reach out with questions. We will communicate more news as it happens.
The Tallyho Swim and Tennis Club Board
Raymond Bell, President
David Knight, Vice President
Austin Aldrich, Social Chair
Greer Bautz, Secretary
Jeff Martin, Membership Chair
Ariel Moyer, Treasurer